A gathering place to worship, pray, and hope together.
This is a place for married men with a love for God and Christian faith to talk about and support one another about homosexual desires, needs, and activities.

 


HE DIED FOR US!

Monday, April 24, 2006

Just for today....

I really don't know if my posting are making any sense or just "psycho-babble" as another blogger put it. Regardless, this is me....

As I write this, I am supposed be hooking up with another bi guy from out of state. We have been chatting on gay.com (yes, I still have an account there....a paid one no less...but I didn't pay for it....that's a whole other story!) I did not hook-up today because 1) I really wasn't attracted to this man, 2) I probably prefer intimacy to the sex. I know deep down that I am supposed to get this intimacy from my wife, but our love life (not just sex but love too) has grown cold and I really don't know how to correct it. I am not "Mr. Romantic" and it sometimes seem that we are living under the same roof raising two great kids. My chats are my outlet of my frustrations. There are some people on there that are great guys, and others are just looking to get off. I am tired of the lack of male companionship/friendship.

I had thought that Gock, the co-author of this blog, was pissed at me. In his comments, he was frustrated over my lack of commitment to my wife and my marriage vows. He is correct...in part. I am not proud that I have and continue to commit the "sin" of adultery with another man. I'm calling it what it is.......Brokeback Mountain or not....it is still morally wrong....and I know it.This is probably why I prefer bi-married guys, and if they are Christian (or backslidden Christian) that is an even bigger plus. At least we are in the same boat.......that is slowly sinking in the mire of my own sin.

When I say "sin", some readers are automatically put on the defensive. They dismiss my views as some fanatical "Jesus Freak" and lump me in the same category as the people who boycotted Matthew Sheppard's funeral or bomb abortion clinics. This is an unfair judgment. When I started in grad school for social work, one of the key concepts was "self-determinism". In other words, you determine what you, the client/patient want to work on from your point of view. So if a person views same-sex activity as morally wrong for them, the I, the social worker/counselor have to work from that starting point. I was trained in diversity and tolerance. I sat in classes with a person who had a sex change operation (Born a man, sex change to a woman, now living with a woman in a lesbian relationship....try to figure that one out?) or the early 50's y/o man who "presented" themselves as a woman when he cross-dressed. Sorry guys...."If the skirt don't fit, you must acquit!". My point here is that with the concept of self-determinism, I view sleeping with another man a form of adultery. I freely acknowledge this.....however, to totally be abstinant from guys in light of a half-dead marriage is not going to happen.......at least for now.

While I am in the minority there, I am amazed at how many married guys there are on gay.com, and their wives are totally clueless. I was once called "Judas" online because I was "cheating" on both my wife and my faith. Now that was a harsh label to place on someone. I probably would prefer to be "Peter" as while he did deny he knew Jesus, he was later restored to the faith. I know in my heart that I am backslidden. I just wish there was someone who would confront me with my actions and give me practical advice how to change my life. Yet, it seems that the masses give you a "High-5" for another sexual conquest like there are no reprocussions for your actions.

Last week, I cleaned house at work. I deleted the old Word docs of the guy mentioned in my "Honesty and Humility" posting. I saw him on gay.com on Easter night. I IM'd him, but in usual fashion was greeted with silence. I know deep down I screwed up. I can't change the past and I can't take back the things I've said. I just hope (and occasionally pray) that he will find it in his heart to forgive me. I deleted him from my contacts on gay.com and took him off of my Buddy list on Yahoo messenger. It hurt too much to try to re-establish a friendship when he was indifferent to start with. I felt used and left on the side of the road.....so much for the Good Samaritan parable. I've had to cut all communication because, quite frankly, he doesn't care. This was hard, VERY HARD, for me to comes to grips with. I have spent alot of energy caring for someone who was indifferent towards a friendship/relationship. As Ecclesiastes states that "there is a time for everything...." and I must move on with my life.

Well, I must get back to work. Hope everyone who reads these ramblings will have a good week. Your comments are always welcomed!

3 Comments:

Blogger Vic Mansfield said...

I too struggle with this. I do believe it is the truth (and only the Truth) that will set us free.

Cheers, Joe.

4/27/2006 08:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gock and RV -

Please keep writing. Yes, there are many in similar situations.

I could say, "Been there, done that." But it's more correct to say, "I'm here, doing it." And I have found blogs to be significant therapy.

-Paul

4/29/2006 07:57:00 AM  
Blogger Nate said...

Hey RV
Its been a few days since you left me a comment. I am answering it here. I very much appreciate your views of the balance. I am Jewish and that old testament is a bit harsh for my tastes. The thing remains that cheating on a spouse is morally wrong. My way of dealing with it is telling my spouse where my life is so we can try to mutually find our place - every couples place will be different.

The thing is I am not conflicted at all about Chicago. I have evenings planned for both of my two evenings in town. I have had e-mails back and forth (more with one than the other) we will have dinner and talk. And yes I hope that the evenings end in sex and physical companionship but if the dinners and talk go south, I am okay with that too.

5/02/2006 08:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 

About
One day, some people met who shared a common interest and a common problem.  Some of them lived far away from one another, and others in the same town.  All of them were married, had families and people they loved, and loved God and Jesus.  All of them had a common issue to tackle:  They are gay or bisexual but choose to respect God and their vows of marriage and the love of their family over their sexual desires.  Every day they must wake up and face a new day of choices and always make the right choices. 

Many times we fail, but always we try again to please the Lord.  Are you one of us?  Help us by helping yourself.  This is a place where you can be safe, anonymous, and completely open about your feelings and needs.  Share with us, and in sharing, heal and grow.


Click here to send us an e-mail

Resources (links)

Previous Posts 

  • Honesty and humility......
  • The truth is right in front of us......
  • we are not alone
  • Lies.........
  • Stages of Change
  • Jars of Clay - "He"
  • My Parent's Divorce
  • Introduction
  • Archives 

  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • Exodus 15:26 (NIV)
    He said, "If you listen carefully to the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the LORD, who heals you."