A gathering place to worship, pray, and hope together.
This is a place for married men with a love for God and Christian faith to talk about and support one another about homosexual desires, needs, and activities.

 


HE DIED FOR US!

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Boston's "Long Time"

Foreplay/long Time by Tom Scholz

It's been such a long time
I think I should be goin', yeah
And time doesn't wait for me,
it keeps on rollin'
Sail on, on a distant highway
I've got to keep on chasin' a dream
I've gotta be on my way
Wish there was something I could say.

Well I'm takin' my time,
I'm just movin' on
You'll forget about me after I've been gone
And I take what I find,
I don't want no more
It's just outside of your front door.

It's been such a long time.
It's been such a long time.
Well I get so lonely when I am without you
But in my mind, deep in my mind,
I can't forget about you
Good times, and faces that remind me
I'm tryin' to forget your name and leave it all behind me
You're comin' back to find me.

Well I'm takin' my time,
I'm just movin' on
You'll forget about me after I've been gone
And I take what I find,
I don't want no more
It's just outside of your front door.

It's been such a long time.
It's been such a long time.
Yeah. it's been such a long time, I think I should be goin',
yeah, And time doesn't wait for me,
it keeps on rollin'
There's a long road, I've gotta stay in time with
I've got to keep on chasin' that dream, though I may never find it
I'm always just behind it.
Well I'm takin' my time, I'm just movin' along
Takin' my time, just movin' along
Takin' my time, takin' my time...
____________________________________________________________________
I have never been a head banger. I didn't like heavy metal, but did like rock and hard rock. Some of my favorite groups were Styx,Pat Benatar, Joan Jett, REO, ELO, and various other secular groups. Listening to a local Classic Rock station, I've been reintroduced to the songs of Boston. I liked them so well, that I bought their greatest hits. I was surprised to find a song called "Higher Power" on the CD. The band members endorse both Alcoholic Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous. I thought this was really cool for a mainstream rock band to take a stand against drugs and alcohol.

Last weekend, I had a short chat with the person identified in my April "Honesty and humility" posting. I was relieved that he didn't hate me. I pride myself in being a nice guy, and when I stooped to new low levels last winter, it really bothered me.

"I've got to keep on chasin that dream....". My current job as a substance abuse counselor is coming to a close. I may have the opportunity to working as a counselor in another state focusing on trauma and PTSD issues. I hate the thought of moving. I moved frequently my 20+ years in the military, and I hate the whole process. However, this may be a necessity in order to have a viable job.

I recently had the opportunity of working as a professional substance abuse counselor at my church. However, because I am not walking on the "straight and narrow" right now, I am declining the position. I hate being hippocritical (sp?) . I could do the job and do it well, but I feel that there is a different level of accountability in working in a church environment. The application had a lot of questions about my Christian walk, devotions, prayer life, etc. For now I'm leaving it alone........

It's getting crunch time for getting a follow-on job. I just opened our electricity bill yesterday and about keeled over in shock. $325........ouch.

Next Tuesday is the 4th of July. I am very patriotic usually. We need to remember to pray for the safety of our troops around the world. I saw yesterday that President Bush went jogging with a Army man who is a double amputee. That man has guts and determination.....qualities that are rare today.

"You got to keep on chasing that dream..." My dream has been to be a counselor and to change people's lives. I also chose this field as a means of changing my own life. The road is not easy and there are bumps and rocks in the road.....but I'm still plugging along.

Thanks for reading my posting.....

4 Comments:

Blogger The_Gay_Dude said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6/30/2006 01:00:00 PM  
Blogger The_Gay_Dude said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6/30/2006 03:31:00 PM  
Blogger Flip said...

I hope things work out for you job-wise. It's just my opinion, but it seems a shame that your church does not understand the fact that the less acceptable to them your past and current journey might be the more likely you might be to relate to substance abusers and others needing counseling. I guess it depends on their goal in offering counseling.

Take care.

Flip

6/30/2006 11:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Restored Vows,

I just came across your blog, and you and your wife are certainly in my prayers.

I'm thinking that the Scripture says that we are to confess our faults to one another, and pray for each other for healing.

Are there any support groups in your area with other Christian men that might help, that you would be able to support, and hold each other accountable.

I think it would be very difficult to work on a relationship with your wife as long as there are these other relationships in your life as a means of coping . And, if she suspects or knows of all this, I can't think but that it would affect her feelings toward you as well.

Women need intimacy, and want to be listened too, and to know that they're special. It's hard to respond to a man if those needs are not being met.

Restored Vows God knows your heart. But, I think you cannot serve two masters. You cannot be unfaithful to your wife, and expect God's healing and blessing in your marriage at the sametime.

It may also be that God made you to be gay, and that He means for you to accept this. Perhaps you can not stay in a heterosexual marriage with integrity. (This is between you and the Lord.) But, I know that either way God want us to live in a way that show honesty and integrity.

Restored Vows, I know that your heart is for Him, and you want to do the right, life-giving thing. I'm moved by your witness, and trust for the Lord's work in your life.

God bless!

7/17/2006 07:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 

About
One day, some people met who shared a common interest and a common problem.  Some of them lived far away from one another, and others in the same town.  All of them were married, had families and people they loved, and loved God and Jesus.  All of them had a common issue to tackle:  They are gay or bisexual but choose to respect God and their vows of marriage and the love of their family over their sexual desires.  Every day they must wake up and face a new day of choices and always make the right choices. 

Many times we fail, but always we try again to please the Lord.  Are you one of us?  Help us by helping yourself.  This is a place where you can be safe, anonymous, and completely open about your feelings and needs.  Share with us, and in sharing, heal and grow.


Click here to send us an e-mail

Resources (links)

Previous Posts 

  • I still believe.....
  • That's what love is for...
  • Bridge over troubled waters.....
  • U2's Bono and DATA
  • Carry on my wayward Son....
  • Just for today....
  • Honesty and humility......
  • The truth is right in front of us......
  • we are not alone
  • Lies.........
  • Archives 

  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • Exodus 15:26 (NIV)
    He said, "If you listen carefully to the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the LORD, who heals you."